Work Health and Safety
WHS Specialists in Assisting You to Ensure Safety in the Construction Industry
In the construction industry, safety is paramount. The team at Construction Legal have substantive experience in advising developers, head contractors, subcontractors and directors on their respective obligations under the Work Health and Safety Legislation so that site incidents and prosecution is avoided. For that reason, we provide our contractor clients with on going support and training on all their rights and obligations relating to safety in the construction industry.
Construction Legal has acted for a broad range of head contractors and subcontractors in workplace prosecutions and work with leading barristers in this space. We strive to ensure that no or minimal penalties are awarded for breach of work health safety legislation for site incidents.
Construction Legal is also experienced in representing contractors and directors who have workplace prosecutions brought against them and have over time built relationships with Worksafe NSW.
Our breadth of experience
- Legal advice on the statutory framework within which construction companies operate from a work, health and safety perspective;
- Providing advice and developing strategies and procedures to manage and control workplace and safety issues.
- Tailored advice and recommendations for directors to ensure on-going compliance with director duties under the legislative framework.
- Investigating workplace incidents alongside site safety managers and HR staff (including setting up a privilege protocol to ensure privilege is maintained for any anticipated legal proceedings.
- Incident response advice and crisis management training, including responding to enforcement action and notices
- Prosecution and defence work in litigation proceedings.
“Thank you for turning around some incredibly stressful situations and your ongoing support that has helped us prevented others. Your competence, professionalism and knowledge make the Construction Legal team my go to for trusted advice when we need it. Your help with everything from compliance to defence has helped us face safety issues with confidence. Both the service and dedication from Construction Legal has been excellent — you guys work so hard to ensure the best possible result for your clients and it shows.”
WORK HEALTH SAFETY MANAGER, DEICORP
Introduction New South Wales was once again faced with another tragic and likely avoidable on-site death of a construction worker in Sydney’s West...
National Safe Work Month – Why is it Important? This October is National Safe Work Month by Safe Work Australia and focuses on the theme of “Work...
Work Health and Safety In February of this year the New South Wales State Government proposed changes to the state’s existing work health safety...
There is no doubt that the Coronavirus pandemic outbreak (COVID-19) has affected countless industries and has severely impacted the economy as a...
What Do Owners Corporations Need to Know?As a consequence of the Grenfell fire in London, the Lacrosse fire in Melbourne and the recent Neo 200...
Introduction The Building Products (Safety) Act 2017 (NSW) (‘the Act’) was passed by the NSW Parliament and assented to on 30 November 2017 by the...