“Construction Legal is a key partner of Fiber Corp across all our projects. Due to the detailed knowledge that Construction Legal has of the complex requirements of the telecommunications legislation, Fiber Corp has seen material benefits to our business through robust, practical and commercially informed legal advice.
Jessica and her team’s advice has enabled us to navigate the complicated requirements for working with residential multi-dwelling development projects. This advice has taken the form of contract documents for the installation of our fibre optic network, as well as access agreements and negotiation with our government and private sector organisations.
As our portfolio of projects continues to expand, we look forward to having Construction Legal be a trusted member of our team.”
Scope of Services
- Contract Documentation and Negotiation for installation of fibre to the premise (FTTP)
- General advice on installation of fibre optic infrastructure and embedded networks
- Contract Documentation on communication agreements, network service agreements and service level agreements
- Regulatory Advice on Telecommunications Act & Regulations
- Regulatory Advice on the Spam Act, and Privacy Act
- Regulatory in relation to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Advising on Land Access Notices and
- Advising on LAN Objection Notices
- Management of Complaints Telecommunications Ombudsman
- Construction arrangements of fibre optic networks and overlay in development projects
- Wholesale and retail service provider agreements
Our Recent Work
Contract Negotiations: Acting for the third largest internet wholesale provider in Australia in the negotiation of all their developer agreements, wholesale service provider agreements and revenue share agreements.
Contract Documentation: Preparing and advising on suites of contracts in relation to installation of fibre optic network on residential multi-dwelling premises and advising on Telecommunications Act powers and obligations.
LAN Notices: Acting for various clients ranging from property owners receiving LAN notices to fibre network companies issuing LAN notices, in relation to the requirements of LAN notices, rights of objection and procedural timeframe from receipt of LAN notices to referring complaints to the TIO.
Access Deeds: Acting for various clients in preparing deeds of indemnity and access in circumstances where licenced carriers require access to private property to install network infrastructure.