"We are very pleased to have Construction Legal as our commercial and legal partner. Their knowledge of how to manage risk through the project lifecycle has been very impressive. The expertise and professionalism demonstrated by the Construction Legal team in relation to negotiation of development, project finance joint venture arrangements and construction contracts has been outstanding. And their attention to detail and ability to always keep the commercial objective front of mind gives us the confidence that our transactions are in safe hands..."
Experts in All Types of Construction and Construction Contracts
Construction and engineering projects can involve multiple parties, including landowners, developers, architects, consultants, contractors and subcontractors whose varying responsibilities and risks are outlined in a web of contracts and scope interfaces.
Construction Legal has an in-depth understanding of market constraints and commercial drivers that impact all industry participants every day. We work closely with our clients to ensure their interests are met and their risk profile is properly reflected in the construction contract.
Risk is part and parcel of all contracts and always dominate almost every negotiation. At Construction Legal, we have an in-depth understanding of the realities and risks that developers, contractors and consultants face every day. We spend time to understand our clients’ core business and risk profile which in turn allows us to achieve favourable contract terms for our clients in the negotiation, drafting and review of construction contracts.
We are experienced in negotiating all types of construction contracts and consultancy agreements including complex multi-party agreements with back to back requirements. Because we are involved in dispute resolution of construction disputes, we know and understand the issues that arise on projects and the contract clauses that need to be reflected in the documentation to safeguard your company’s rights and interests.
Our breadth of experience
Our experience extends to negotiating all types of construction contracts from standard forms to contracts that are bespoke, including:
- Standard form construction contracts and subcontracts including Australian Standards, FIDIC, GC21, HIA, ABIC MW and Master Builders contracts
- Design and Construct contracts and subcontracts, consultancy agreements, service agreements, supply & installation agreements
- Construction Finance Transaction Document (including tri party side deeds, facility agreements, personal guarantees and general security agreements)
- Property documentation including contracts for sale (master contracts for bulk conveyancing), access deeds, joint venture agreements, development management agreements and shareholder agreements
- Commercial, retail and industrial leasing documentation, licence agreements, incentive deeds and renewals