Construction Dispute Resolution
Construction Lawyer Specialists in Resolving All Types of Building and Construction Disputes
We are experts in resolving all typer of construction disputes quickly and effectively to achieve a commercial and practical outcome.
When disputes arise, our goal is to act quickly to resolve them so that our clients achieve “best for the project” solutions without having to go through formal dispute resolution or litigation. At Construction Legal, we have extensive experience in all kinds of building and construction disputes including large PPP contracts through to multi-unit developments, retirement villages, childcare centres, health care facilities and residential buildings.
Our construction lawyers also have experience dealing with Owners Corporations and understand the importance of ensuring owners have a safe and comfortable living environment.
Dispute resolution forums
Our team of lawyers can assist with managing and resolving disputes through:
Specialist areas of dispute
Construction Legal regularly provides advice to clients on all areas of building and construction disputes including issues relating to:
- Breach of contract claims
- Defective workmanship and breach of statutory warranties
- Delay and liquidated damages claims
- Disputes in relation to residential building work
- Submission of claims for extensions of time
- Dispute resolution of delay and disruption claims
- Submission of variation claims
- Disputes in relation to early use and possession
- Adjudication Applications under the Security of Payment laws (all Australian States)
- Enforcing statutory rights to payment of Payment Claims
- Preparing and defending liquidated damages claims
- Advising on termination rights
- Advising on latent conditions
- Advising on rights to have recourse to security
- Applying for and defending bank guarantee injunction proceedings
“Whenever I am concerned about being on the back-foot in a construction dispute or need general strategy advice, I always feel reassured after a consultation with Construction Legal.”
May Harlow Pty Ltd v Winten (No 48) Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1011 Alternative dispute resolution mechanisms are becoming widely used across all sectors,...
In the building and construction industry, parties that enter into contracts are bound to fulfil the promises that form their agreement. The courts...
Futurepower Developments Pty Ltd v TJ & RF Fordham Pty Ltd t/as TRN Group Strict compliance with contractual obligations is a sure way to ensure...
The Solution to the Strata Living Crisis in NSW Our principal solicitor, Jessica Rippon, has recently had her thesis “Closing the Gap: Decennial...
Home owners can only hope that better protection will be afforded to them at the appointment of Mr David Chandler as part of the government’s...
What Do Owners Corporations Need to Know?As a consequence of the Grenfell fire in London, the Lacrosse fire in Melbourne and the recent Neo 200...