Construction Dispute Resolution
Construction Lawyer Specialists in Resolving All Types of Building and Construction Disputes
We are experts in resolving all typer of construction disputes quickly and effectively to achieve a commercial and practical outcome.
When disputes arise, our goal is to act quickly to resolve them so that our clients achieve “best for the project” solutions without having to go through formal dispute resolution or litigation. At Construction Legal, we have extensive experience in all kinds of building and construction disputes including large PPP contracts through to multi-unit developments, retirement villages, childcare centres, health care facilities and residential buildings.
Our construction lawyers also have experience dealing with Owners Corporations and understand the importance of ensuring owners have a safe and comfortable living environment.
Dispute resolution forums
Our team of lawyers can assist with managing and resolving disputes through:
Specialist areas of dispute
Construction Legal regularly provides advice to clients on all areas of building and construction disputes including issues relating to:
- Breach of contract claims
- Defective workmanship and breach of statutory warranties
- Delay and liquidated damages claims
- Disputes in relation to residential building work
- Submission of claims for extensions of time
- Dispute resolution of delay and disruption claims
- Submission of variation claims
- Disputes in relation to early use and possession
- Adjudication Applications under the Security of Payment laws (all Australian States)
- Enforcing statutory rights to payment of Payment Claims
- Preparing and defending liquidated damages claims
- Advising on termination rights
- Advising on latent conditions
- Advising on rights to have recourse to security
- Applying for and defending bank guarantee injunction proceedings
“Whenever I am concerned about being on the back-foot in a construction dispute or need general strategy advice, I always feel reassured after a consultation with Construction Legal.”
What Can An Owners Corporation Do?Following the events of Opal Towers, and Mascot Towers some say that New South Wales is currently in a strata...
Taking out "decennial" building insurance where defects are fixed by all contractors at a building regardless of fault, could be the solution that...
A Calderbank offer is an offer of settlement made in a “without prejudice” communication, which can have its confidential nature waived in an...
A party to a contract may be unsure of its rights to terminate the contract if the other party has committed a breach of contract. Where there is no...
Builders have an obligation to carry out works and complete works in a specified manner and will be responsible to fix defects in residential...
INTRODUCTION Statutory demands are issued by creditors for the payment of a debt which is due and payable according to s 459E of the Corporations...