Are you serious about developing in your early career? Are you capable of being responsible for running projects and manage to just “make things happen”?
Construction Legal is a boutique construction, property and litigation practice. Our clients range from government entities, developers and construction companies. Our practice is growing at a rapid rate and we are now looking for a junior *superstar* lawyer to join our team to assist the senior team.
Each day is different at our firm, with varying legal work such as large property acquisitions, complex construction and commercial disputes and front-end contracts and advisory work. To keep your role interesting, we expect you will assist on a wide range of matters.
If you have a superb attitude, good grades and can easily manage-up, we would love to hear from you. You will mainly be providing support to the Principal Solicitor and assisting with matters for the other two solicitors. In this role, you will be exposed to a large and complex shareholders dispute in the Supreme Court – which has the potential to be the largest case that you work on in your early career. This should excite the right candidate and you should be ready to grab this opportunity.
After the initial training period, you will obtain carriage of your own matters with a relative level of autonomy and ongoing senior support. This is not a role where you will be micromanaged or spoon fed, however, as a firm, we take pride in investing and equipping our team members with the skills to become exceptional lawyers.
The work environment
We operate a relaxed work environment, and everyone pulls their own weight as part of a larger team – in times of need everyone chips in to get the job done. You will have your own office to carry out your work in a relatively quiet environment. After some time in the role, once we better understand where your legal skills and interests lie, our team will allocate matters and tasks with those skills, interest and areas for development in mind.
For the successful candidate, your salary will be commensurate with experience and market rates.
Skills and experience
We are looking for a recently graduated (i.e. 0-2 years), motivated junior lawyer with a passion for litigation, construction and property law. We care deeply about providing top tier advice and service to each of our clients. As such, the ideal candidate will have admirable client service ethic and the aspiration to provide commendable service at every juncture of your work.
- be hungry for litigation – this is not negotiable
- a great attitude;
- completed your law degree with strong academic results;
- completed property, contracts, civil procedure or related subjects (such as evidence) as part of your law degree;
- have a genuine passion interest in the construction and property industry;
- a great ability to learn quickly – hit the ground running;
- an ability to communicate, both in writing and orally, clearly and concisely;
- a eye for detail and fastidiousness;
- strong interpersonal skills;
- an ability to understand and identify the key issues in a legal matter;
- good judgement and common sense;
- a self-starter’s attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
Nice to haves:
- prior paralegal experience in a top-tier or mid-tier law firm desirable but not essential;
- administrative know how;
- experience using Leap or SharePoint software.
While grades are important to demonstrate that you can apply yourself and grapple with key legal issues, we are genuinely interested in whether you have the right attitude and whether you will be a good fit within our close-knit team.
To apply for this position, complete and submit the form below. Please include your CV and a cover letter adressing the selection criteria. Use the ‘file upload’ function to attach the documents.